FY 2017 Changes to IPPS, MS-DRGs, and CMS’ Quality Programs Webinar Recording
Viewing the recording does not constitute eligibility to receive a CE. Only attendees of the live event are eligible to receive a CE Certificate.
Title: FY 2017 Changes to IPPS, MS-DRGs, and CMS’ Quality Programs
Original Presentation Date: Thursday, September 29, 2016
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Explain the IPPS changes for FY 2017, as well as the motivation and rationale
- Recall the MS-DRGs, CC and MCC lists and assess the impact on case mix and coding practices
- Describe the revisions to the measure and reporting criteria and the scoring methodology of the following CMS programs, and assess the impact on payment and rankings:
- Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) program
- HAC-POA program
- HAC reduction program
- Hospital readmission reduction program
- Hospital mortality reduction program
- Hospital value-based purchasing program
- Bundled Payment Model program
- EHR Incentive program
Presenter: Lynn-Marie Wozniak, MS, RHIT
Lynn is a Content Manager and subject matter expert for the Revenue Cycle, Coding and Compliance segment of Elsevier. She has 35 years of experience in hospital reimbursement consulting, health services research, health policy review, and development. She is a recognized expert in patient classification systems, DRG systems, data quality evaluation, and in the analysis and interpretation of case mix data.
Over the years, Lynn has held several elected and appointed positions with AHIMA, NYHIMA, and AdHIMA, including President and member of the Board of Directors of NYHIMA, and member of the AHIMA Council of Accreditation. She is currently Chair of the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIIM). She is a past recipient of AHIMA’s Professional Achievement Award, and New York Health Information Management Association Distinguished Member.